If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle or motorcycle accident, there are five things you must do immediately. An accident checklist can help you make the right decisions and take the right actions, especially if you feel anxious and frightened.
I’m personal injury attorney Mike Lombardi. If you’ve been injured as a result of a car or motorcycle accident, here are the five most important things you should do if you are able.
- Check for injuries, yours and anyone else’s who may be with you. Don’t hesitate to call an ambulance if someone is hurt.
- Take care of your immediate safety. Pull off the road and stay in your car or by your motorcycle, but make sure that moving the vehicle would not injure you or others further.
- Call the police. No matter how minor the accident may seem, you will need to file a claim at some point, and will need the police report to back you up.
- Exchange information with the other driver while you’re waiting for the police, if you’re able. Also, get the contact information of any witnesses to the accident.
- Take pictures of all the vehicles involved, including vehicle damage, license plate numbers, and location. Also, make a note of the time and date of the accident, as well as of the weather conditions.
I certainly hope you’ll never have to use this information. But if you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle or motorcycle accident, please give me a call or text me at Mike Lombardi Injury Attorneys. We’ll be happy to discuss your case and answer any questions you may have. We want to help you in any way we can.
♪ Mike Lombardi is the way to go. Call 600-0000. ♫